Thursday 11 August 2011

Thing 6 - Online Networks

LinkedIn

I think I will eventually set up a profile for this but I really need to up date my CV.  This would help in addressing the issues I identified in Thing 3. Such as a lack of a professional online presence! I will however have to find a decent picture of myself for this and my blog which doesn't make me look like a convict (does everybodys passport photo make them look like this or is it just mine?)


I already have a facebook account and want to keep this purely for personal use in order to keep my personal and professional online presence separate

LISNPN

I have just signed up to LISNPN.  I like that it is specifically designed for library and information professionals. I like how easy it was to sign up for.  Hopefully I will obtain lots of good ideas and information on developments in the profession, as they say, knowledge is power. I am looking forward to meeting others in the same job as myself.

Librarians as teachers

Due to the fact that I do little teaching as part of my job, this network won't be of much use to me so I will by pass this.

CILIP Communites

I am an associate member of CILIP already but don't at present use CILIP Communities.  When trying to sign up, the system would not take my membership number so I will need to double check that I am entering the right one. Once I have signed up I think I will get a lot from this and help towards my chartership.

No comments:

Post a Comment