Wednesday 3 August 2011

Thing 4 - Current Awareness

I am so behind with CPD 23, took 2 weeks off work and have been chasing my tail ever since.

So lets get started on catching up.  I am all for signing up to all these current awarness services which might help in my professional development, the problem I have is remembering all my login details.

Lets start with Twitter - to tell you the truth Twitter has never really interested me, I couldn't really care less about what the so called celebrities out there have named their children, but I thought I would give it a go so have signed up. I am more of a Twit than a Tweeter and I am not sure if what I have to say will be of any interest to anyone out there.  However I think that other peoples tweets will be interesting reading especially in a professional capacity, it will be interesting to hear other peoples opinions on where the profession is heading as a whole and how other academic further education libraries are coping with the changes we are currently facing. The only issue I am having seems to be deciding on whose tweets to follow - suggestions welcome.

RSS Feeds - Slowly finding my way around google reader with help from a lovely lady at work (thank you Jillian).  I like the fact that it lets you view everything in the one place but I am finding it hard again to decide on what feeds to subscribe to.

Pushnote - well it is blocked at work so that will be the end of that :(  I might try at home.  Don't think I will really use it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment