Thursday 25 August 2011

Thing 10 - Graduate traineeships, Masters Degrees, Chartership, Accreditation

Why librarianship?


I knew what career path I wanted to follow from an early age. By the time I reached high school I had read every book in the mobile library that visited the small Stirlingshire village I was brought up in. I remember thinking how great it would be to be surrounded by books and have all that knowledge at my finger tips everyday. So when everybody else was off visiting hospitals and dentist practices for their work experience, there was me sitting sorting out the card catalogue at the local library.

Qualifications
I went from school in 1995 to Bell College of Technology in Hamilton and completed the HNC in Librarianship and Information Science, which clarified for me that librarianship was indeed the right pathway. I then went to Robert Gordon University to study for a degree in Information and Library Studies and graduated in 2000. Since then I've spent 2 years working in public libraries and the last 10 working in further education.   I am now in the process of putting together my chartership portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment