Thursday 1 September 2011

Thing 13: Filesharing/Collaboration - Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox

I have been aware of wikis for a while and we use one at work (on the PB Works platform) to share ideas and information.  This works well as our team is spread across 3 sites and it is difficult to get together for team meetings.

I haven't used GoogleDocs or Drop box before.  We have a shared drive at work that the team can access so haven't really needed to.  I also have my own drive on the college server which only I can access.  The only problem with this is that I can't access any of the documents from my home PC and have been using a USB stick to transfer documents from work to home.  GoogleDocs and Drop box would be the solution to this problem.  Not that I do much work from home really.

These tools will also help me share Chartership documents with my mentor such as my PPDP and evaluative statement.  Previously I had to either post them or attach them to an email which wasn't ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment