Thursday 1 September 2011

Thing 12 - Putting the social into social media

Before starting cpd 23 I only used social media for personal use and hadn't really thought about using it in a professional capacity. However now I see the potential of social media in helping with the development of my career.  Through cpd23 and the use of social networking I have made contact with other Information Assistants in Colleges in Scotland who have also registered for cpd23, giving me the opportunity to share knowledge and ideas with others. I also intend to use  LinkedIn to market my professional self online. Facebook will still remain a personal social networking tool and I think that what happened with the recent riots just show the negative side of social networking.

1 comment:

  1. Scotland who have also registered for cpd23, giving me the opportunity to share knowledge gain instagram followers free and ideas with others. I also intend to use LinkedIn to market my professional self online.

    ReplyDelete